SalvAide is pleased to announce a visit to Canada by three Salvadoran guests from the historic town of San José Las Flores, Chalatenango, from 19 October to 2 November 2012!
The town's school principal, Nelson Orellana, and two of his grade nine students, Erick and Claudia, will make the treck, which is made possible by Holy Trinity and St. Francis Xavier High Schools' generous sponsorship. This is the latest development in the growing and SalvAide-facilitated solidarity partnership between Ottawa Catholic High Schools Board institutions and schools and communities in El Salvador. Just last year, the support from Holy Trinity and St. Francis Xavier contributed to the construction of a school computer lab in San José Las Flores and to several students from Cinquera being sent to university in the capital, San Salvador.
Our guests will:
- tour their sister high schools and meet with fellow students and teachers
- meet with Ottawa Catholic School Board trustees
- participate in the annual Loretto Sisters El Salvador Brunch in Toronto on 21 October
- join SalvAide during our 15th Annual Cocktail Dinner & Auction in Ottawa on 25 October, and
- share with community members in Ottawa-Gatineau and Toronto some of the achievements and challenges in El Salvador's ongoing education reform efforts.