SalvAide’s Delegations are an important part of our mission and provide the opportunity for volunteers to partake in a meaningful exchange and learning experience with communities in El Salvador. While in El Salvador delegates have an opportunity, among many other things, to:
- Observe CORDES development projects, such as a cooperative bakery, organic fair trade cashew plant, and family farm plan;
- Where appropriate, prepare and facilitate community workshops on various topics;
- Where appropriate, live with Salvadoran families;
- Visit CRIPDES development projects, such as a women's microcredit program, a sewing and embroidery cooperative, and a gender equity training workshop;
- Visit handicraft workshops and get to know members of the craft persons' cooperatives;
- Gain knowledge and experience in development project planning and execution;
- Attend politically and culturally significant museums and events, and learn about the history and current events in El Salvador through engaging guest speakers.